1. How long does the trip take?
The trip takes about 2 hours each way or a total of 4 hours driving time, unless force majeure circumstances (road closure, severe weather conditions etc) occur.
2. How long can we stay at the Monastery?
You have about 2 hours to spend at the Monastery, including at least 30 min live guide explanations.
3. What is the price of the tour?
The price of the tour is fixed: 35 Eur per person with children discount (25€ per child) and group discount (25€ per adult for 4+ persons).
4. What is included in the price?
Full transportation costs, live English-speaking guide or driver-guide during the whole day, visit of Rila Monastery complex (free admission), visit of Boyana Church (admission paid extra), parking fees.
5. What is NOT included in the price?
Boyana church entrance fee, Rila Monastery museums entrance fees, meals and personal expenses – all of them optional.
6. How much are the optional entrance fees in the museums?
4 Eur (Monastery Museum), 3 Eur (Hrelio Tower), 5 Eur (Boyana Church)
7. What are the discounts?
Children under 16 years - 25 Eur per child.
Groups of 4+ persons – 25 Eur per person.
8. Can I pay in Euro or Lev (local currency)?
Yes, you can pay in Eur or in Lev (35 Eur = 70 Lev)
9. Is the shuttle tour minibus running every day?
Yes, we are running the service daily, 365 days a year except Christmas (25.12) and New Year (01.01).
10. Where is the shuttle tour minibus starting point?
The meeting point is behind St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral in front of La Cathedrale restaurant at 9:00 - SEE ON GOOGLE MAPS
11. What is the optional hotel pick up service?
We offer a hotel pickup service (pick up time to be confirmed) for 10 € per group (not per person) in the summer and free during the winter, however we recommend you to come to the meeting point to save time and driving around during rush hour.
12. Do I have time for lunch?
We kindly invite you to a lunch in local restaurant to try some grilled trout fish or other specialties. The average lunch price per person is 5-10 Eur per person.
13. At what time we will be back to Sofia?
Your approx. return time to Alexander Nevski square is 17:00-18:00h depending on the group size.
14. Do I have to reserve a seat in advance ?
Yes, unfortunately we are not able to guarantee seats available after 18:00h on the day before the tour. We kindly advise you to book in person at www.RilaMonasteryShuttle.com (secure online payment) or at tel: +359 (0)29895969; Mobile: +359 (0) 899 321 986 or in our office at 28, Neofit Rilski Str., Sofia.
15. What other services do we offer? We offer an audio guide in English, Italian, Spanish, Russian and German for 5 Eur per device and live guides in other languages upon request.