Your day at Rila Monastery and Boyana church:
- 9:00 h Departure behind St. Alexander Nevski church in front ofLa Cathedrale restaurant; November- March free pick up from your hotel included. Drop-off at St. Alexander Nevski square.
- 11:00 h Arrival at Rila Monastery. Guided visit and free time until 13:00h;
- 13:00 h Optional lunch in nearby restaurant (grilled trout specialty);
- 14:30h Departure to Sofia;
- 16:00h Arrival at Boyana church. Guided visit until 17:00 h;
- 17:30h Arrival at St. Alexander Nevski square.
The itinerary may vary depending on road conditions, Boyana church schedule or other.
Bookings after 18:00 for the following day must be confirmed in person by email or telephone. We always do our best to accommodate last minute bookings, however we cannot guarantee seats for the next morning.
Outfit: please take warm clothes even in the summer. Women should have knees and shoulders covered during the Monastery visit.
Price: April-October 30€ per person; November-March 35€ per person.
Discounts: Children (1-16 years) benefit a 20% discount or 24€ (Summer) and 28€ (Winter) per child. Groups of 4+ persons pay 25€ per adult (Summer) and 30€ per adult (Winter).
Included in the price: full transportation costs from Sofia meeting point and back, parking fees, English speaking live guide, visit of Monastery complex (free).
Not included: Rila Monastery museums (2-4€ per person), Boyana church admission (5€ per person), meals and personal expenses.
Meeting point forRila Monastery Shuttle tour:
Right behind St. Alexander Nevski church in front of La Cathedrallerestaurant at 9:00h every day (April-October) , advance booking required.